Thank you for your interest in DC Placement Advisors GmbH (hereafter “DCPLA”) and for visiting our website. We are taking privacy and the right to self-determination very serious. To ensure that you are fully informed about the personal data being collected, processed and for which purposes, as well as your applicable rights, please note the following information.
1. Name and address of the controller
Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
DC Placement Advisors, Brienner Str. 14, 80333 München, Germany
E-mail: . Tel: +49 89 90774699-0, Fax: +49 89 90774699-19
The data privacy officer can be reached under the above address, attention of Mr. Ralf Pawlowitz or
2. Collection of data and information as well as its usage and purpose of processing
a) When visiting our website
When visiting our site www.dcpla.com the browser that you use on your device automatically transmits information to the server on which our website is hosted. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is processed without your interaction and stored until automatically deleted:
• IP address of the device accessing the website,
• date and time of the access,
• name and URL of the file or page accessed,
• the website from which a call to our website is made (the so-called referrer URL),
• browser and if applicable operating system used on your device as well as the name of your internet service provider.
The information listed is used by us for the following purposes:
• Ensuring that the content of the website is delivered correctly,
• optimizing the user-friendliness of our website,
• monitoring system security and stability as well as other
• administrative purposes.
Legal basis for processing of this data is Art. 6 (1) lit. f, GDPR, our legitimate interest in the above purposes. Under no circumstances is the data used for drawing conclusions on your person.
b) When registering for one of our seminars and conferences
From time to time we are offering the opportunity to participate in a seminar, conference or similar event that we are organizing. When you register on our website for one of these events, you will be requested to provide personal data. You can see the data required from the respective registration form. We need this information to ensure a smooth organization of the event and to be able to provide you with all the necessary information for your participation. The data provided in the registration is processed based on Art. 6 (1) lit. a, GDPR as you are giving your consent through your registration. Basis for the further processing after the registration and our confirmation of your participation is Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR and our interest in enabling you to participate in a smoothly organized event.
3. Transfer of data
There is no transfer of your personal data for other than the below purposes:
We will transfer your personal data only:
• if you have given your express consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR, the transfer is in line with Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR, necessary to claim, exercise or defend our rights and there is no reason to assume that you have a vital interest requiring protection from the transfer,
• in case that the transfer is based on Art. 6 (1) lit. c due to a legal obligation, as well as
• in case that the transfer is permitted by law and in line with Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR, necessary for fulfilling our contractual obligations towards you.
We will as well collect information about your usage of our website by applying browser cookies. These are small text files which are placed on the hard drive of your computer as soon as you access the site so as to save specific settings and data exchange with our system via your browser. Cookies enable our systems to recognize your device and to render potential settings immediately available. The cookies will be saved permanently on your hard drive until they expire or are deleted, so that the website recognizes your settings on each visit.
5. Analysis tools
6. Your rights
With regards to our processing of your personal data the following applies:
• In accordance with Art. 15 GDPR you are entitled to receive confirmation on your personal data processed by us, especially the purpose of the processing, the category of data processed, the category of recipients who were granted access to such data, the planned duration of storage, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction or objection, the existence of a right to complain, the existence of the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority the source of your data in as far as it was not retrieved by us, as well as information on any automated decision-making or profiling.
• In accordance with Art. 16 GDPR you are entitled to immediately demand the correction of incorrect or completion of your personal data stored with us.
• In accordance with Art. 17 GDPR you may demand deletion of your personal data stored with us, in as far as the processing is not required to ensure the right of free speech and information, not required for fulfilling a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for exercising legal rights or defending us from a legal claim.
• In accordance with Art. 18 GDPR you are entitled to demand restriction of processing of your personal data in as far as correctness of the data is contested by you, processing would not be legal, you however reject deletion of the data, we no longer require the data, you, however, need them for exercising your legal rights and defend yourself against a claim; or if in line with Art. 21 GDPR you have objected to our processing of your data.
• In accordance with Art. 20 GDPR you may request to receive your personal data that you provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or request the transfer of such data to another data controller.
• In accordance with Art. 7 (3) GDPR you are entitled to revoke your consent to our processing of your data at any time. As a result, we are no longer entitled to continue processing of your data to which this consent was applicable.
7. Your right to object
In as far as your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interest as per Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data under Art. 21 GDPR in as far as a cause resulting from your particular situation exists or in cases of objecting to direct marketing. In the latter case you have a general right to object without having to indicate a particular cause, and we will no longer process the data. To exercise your right to object, simply contact us at:
8. Duration of the storage of personal data
The duration of the storage of personal data is determined by the respective statutory retention period (e.g. commercial and fiscal obligations). After expiration of that period, the corresponding data is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the contract or the initiation of a contract, and/or if there is no legitimate interest on our side to maintain the data.
9. Profiling and automatic decision-making
We are not using automatic decision-making or profiling.